Clinical Counselling Supervision
If you are reading this then there is a good chance you are looking for a new supervisor, or maybe even your first supervisor. This can be a daunting experience as it is important to have a supervisor you not only feel comfortable with, but one that will also help you grow and develop as a practitioner and as an individual.
I provide a warm and caring space where supervisees explore their work and the impact it has on them and their clients. It is a non judgemental space, where you will be positively challenged to be the very best that you can be. I am an Integrative trained Psychotherapist and Supervisor, holding a MSc in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy and a Level 7 Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision from Derby University.
I am a registered member of both the BACP and ACTO (Association for counselling and therapy online) for which I hold a Counselling Tutor Level 1 ACTO approved Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling. I work with therapists across a range of modalities, facilitating self-growth for both yourself and your client.
My approach to supervision
- You feel comfortable enough to explore your work at depth, including areas that you are uncertain about.
- You experience enough safety and warmth to be vulnerable in front of your supervisor.
- I will be aware of and meet you at your level of experience and development and can work with you at that level. For example, trainee counsellors have different needs from experienced counsellors.
- Sometimes it is important to accept and be challenged on aspects of our work. I commit to challenging a supervisee when necessary, but also making sure it is done in a way that is not critical, or negative.
- Healing, we all have days when we feel bruised and shaken by some of the work we have done, and supervision is there to help you restore your energy and to offload and process the things that you are left with from your client work.
- Private practice, if you wish to practice privately, I am also willing to offer my support and experience in setting up a successful private practice. This can include website design/hosting, SEO optimisation, integrated appointment booking system, promotion and ongoing Business Continuity Plan.
- Accessible, I think it is important that a supervisor is available between appointments to check in or get advice and support around client work. Some things can’t wait, and I understand the importance of offering support out of regular hours and appointment times.
- Supervision - £67.50 (90 minutes/£45ph)